Kill Your Darlings is now accepting unsolicited submissions to our third anthology of new short fiction, due to be published in September 2021. All genres will be considered.
We strongly recommend all prospective KYD contributors acquaint themselves with the 2019 and 2020 editions of New Australian Fiction to attain familiarity with the tone and style of fiction we publish. We encourage writers from diverse backgrounds and all levels of experience to submit to this collection.
Please follow these guidelines on submission:
- Submissions should be in PDF format, size 12, double spaced, Times New Roman font.
- Stories must be between 2000–6000 words.
- Stories, or substantial portions of these stories, must be previously unpublished.
- Only one submitted story per person will be considered.
- Include a short cover letter with relevant biography (no more than 50 words).
- You must be a KYD member to be considered. Memberships start from $39.95. (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander writers are invited to submit without the need for a KYD Membership.)
Kill Your Darlings pays all of its contributors. All writers will be notified of the outcome of their submission in March-April 2021. Successful writers will be expected to undergo editing with KYD staff. Due to the expected volume of submissions, we will not be able to provide feedback on unsuccessful works.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.